Our vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. DRDO will be a national/national (and even Global) force and partner of choice within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We will be known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people.
We strive to serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the region. Drawing strength from our recognition of the importance of clan-diversity, resources and experience, we promote innovative solutions and are advocates for national responsibility.
Our mission is to end poverty in Mudug region by implementing projects that targets directly the poorest of the poor through contributing efforts that end poverty, a family (community) at time.
To achieve this our mission is to;
- To support economic and social development
- To improve the nutrition and quality of the live of the most vulnerable society in the region.
- To help build long time assets and promote the self-reliance of poor communities especially in the rural areas.
- To support the environment protections mechanism as a source of livelihood.
- To create social protection and safety net.
- To promote tolerance and peace.
- Strengthening capacity for self-help
- Providing economic opportunity.
- Delivering relief in emergencies
- Influencing policy decisions at all levels
- Addressing discrimination in all its forms
Core Values Upheld by the Organization
At the core of all we do, DRDO values:
- Respect: We affirm the dignity, potential and contribution of participants, donors, partners and staff.
- Integrity: Our actions are consistent with our mission. We are honest and transparent in what we do and say, and accept responsibility for our collective and individual actions.
- Commitment: We work together effectively to serve the larger community.
- Excellence: We constantly challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance to achieve greater impact.
Human survival and livelihoods are the ultimate goals and the true measures of success of humanitarian assistance. But in Somalia peace and stability as well as protection against gender based violence also score high in the list of priority agenda. Within humanitarian assistance, the specific objectives of DRDO’s core mandates are:
- To fight hunger & securing food for vulnerable people
- Increase environmental protection awareness to ensure availability of methodologies for livelihood and sustainability.
- Reduce risk and enable people to meet their own food and nutrition needs
- Improve the quality of the primary education through the creation of non-curricular activities.
- To reduce conflict among different clans living in Mudug region by implementing projects that promotes tolerance.
- Promote human rights and child protection and advocacy
To increase awareness and advocacy in addressing cross cutting issues like gender equality and gender based violence.